I have to say it. Life is overwhelming right now. I mean, it's bad enough hearing about the economy, gas prices and the election. I can't even get started on that last one. All I can say is please vote your conscience, not fear tactics.
Anyway. Things could be considered quite scary right now. Andy is out of a job. My job is "day to day" at best. And then we have weeks like last week. A flat tire on each car, Andy's car not working, dead battery in mine, washing machine breaks, computer monitor breaks, other computer gets a virus and I hurt my knee that has been a problem for over 15 yrs. It's just insane. And there are times when I just want to say, "Why, Lord?"
But this too shall pass. Who knows? Maybe we'll be coupon clipping to extremes. Maybe we'll be eating beans and franks. Maybe it'll take a year for Andy to get a new job. Maybe we'll have only one car. Maybe Christmas will truly be just about Christ this year and not presents.
Would those things be so bad? Nah. I definitely think our generation is spoiled beyond belief. (and yes that includes me) Would our generation make it in a true recession or depression? I highly doubt it.
So even though things seem "bleak" sometimes, I know that God is in control. I have to know that. I have to keep my eyes on Him. I have to know that He has a plan our lives that we can't even begin to comphrehend.
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Psalms 121:1-8

No comments:
Post a Comment