
I received my kids school pictures today. Now I feel like crying. I just canNOT believe how big they are. I also can't believe how fast they have grown. It seems like just yesterday that Benjamin was born. Or even that Abi was born and Ben was singing "You Are My Sunshine" to her while all the nurses and family/friends cried. Yeah, it was sweet.
But now I have a 6th grader and a 2nd grader. And it just blows my mind. Benjamin has gone from this really sweet little boy with the chubby cheeks and skinny legs to this kid who is beginning to look more like a teenager every day. He now has freckles on his cute little face and still has skinny legs even though he eats things like 2 double cheeseburgers and fries. Where he puts it I will never know. But this little man now likes to do grown up things like hunt and fish and he is always booby trapping his room. I went in there the other night before I went to bed and almost got decaptitated. (for you Office fans- "I almost had my cappa detated" haha)He had strung up fishing wire over his bed right at my neck level for a burglar alarm. Yeah. He is also VERY political. Strong Republican. I have NO idea where he gets that from.
Abigail on the other hand has gone from this extremely strong willed child to a little more mellow. We have had NO bad days at school this year. Not even a warning for talking ! And we just got through week 8!!! (track out in one more week-whoohoo!)

So my little marshmellow girl has changed a lot too. She is my girly girl who still sings everything all the time. She loves playing house, acting like a momma and rolling her eyes at Benjamin.
And that's one good thing too. Ben still loves his baby girl just as much as he did on January 3, 2001 when he sang to her in the hospital. Yes, of course they have their moments. But they love to play together for the most part. Usually it's some sort of wrestling or Andy Griffith meets Walker, Texas Ranger kind of thing. Yes my kids love old shows (they love new ones too). But their faves are Hogan's Heroes, MASH, Beverly Hillbillies (you should hear Abi sing that), Walker, Andy Griffith and Full House.
So, here are their school pictures. Enjoy while I go off to cry.

No comments:
Post a Comment