So in this day and age of extreme gas prices, prices going up on everything else and debt, debt and more debt, I got in touch with the 2 coupon queens, Jessica and Holly, to find out what I could do.
So far I have started getting our local newspaper every week and clipping coupons. I then go to CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid websites on Sunday evenings to look for the best deals. Wednesdays when we get the Food Lion and Lowe's papers, I check through there for the best deals. Lowe's doubles coupons up to .99 which is awesome. Occasionally they triple.
So far my best deals have come from Lowe's and Rite Aid. This week I got from Rite Aid:
2 Dove Deod. $4.98 ea but $4 Single Check Rebate
2 John Frieda shampoos (33% more also) for originally $12.98. They were BOGO 1/2 off and I had a 3.00 off coupon. I spent $6.73.
Maybelline foundation $5.99 orginally but I had a $2.00 coupon- $3.99!
And my fave--Suave Kids shampoos- originally $5.58 but there was a sale in store, then a $1 Single Check Rebate and I had a $1 off 2 coupon. Final? $2.00 for 2 bottles!!!
I got $33.53 worth of stuff for $12.72!
Lowe's Foods I got to double some coupons and use some in store coupons. I won't bore you. But in the last 3 weeks I have saved $31.51, a savings of 51%!!!! I tell you, I am proud. I know I can do even better. I love my new subscription to refundcents.com (thanks Jess). But for someone who never looked at prices..this is a big deal.
So if you aren't a coupon clipper...check it out! It's fun really!

No comments:
Post a Comment