Monday, September 15, 2008

Thoughts on the American life....

Okay, this is me venting (Jenny)....when did this life become this ridiculous? Gas is now 4.69 at our local station. It went up from $3.60 to $4.04 over night and then 8 hours after that it was $4.59. Now it's up even more! The governor says they are investigating several stations that "could be" fined $5000. And yes I reported them to the Attorney General. But here is my thing. $5000 fine for bilking the public, causing mass hysteria (long lines, no gas and other stations hiking their prices) and that's all they get??? Please!
Then, I call the doctor to get a refill on a basic prescription and I get the "you have to come in for a yearly check up before we can refill it". Now, I don't have insurance so that will cost me $250 PLUS lab work. Seriously? I went on to the American Health guidelines for exams and they said that the recommended checkup is 2-3 years for a healthy woman over 30. That would be me. Ugh. I feel like I am getting robbed everywhere I go.
I started clipping coupons (thanks Holly and Jessica) a couple of weeks ago and really catching on to these great deals out there. I got 2 huge bottles of my favorite shampoo for $2.50 today. That SHOULD have cost me $10.00! Great deal! I have some more that I am working on, still kind of new at it, but it's pretty cool. Andy and I are getting savvy at going out too. Like today we got lunch out but we ordered off the dollar menu and shared a drink. I mean, why not? And we order water at restaurants. I'm determined to beat this system. Who's with me?

No comments:

Jenny Sloan's Facebook profile